Cute Bunny or Chick Easter Cone Basket
With Easter and holidays around the corner I know I’m going to plan some activities to keep the kids busy! A trip to the library is also on the agenda (of course!), so the perfect combination of books and crafts should tie us over for the next couple of weeks! Check out my Pinterest Easter board for more ideas.
One essential Easter item on the cards is the trusty basket for all your sugary needs. And yes, there are a zillion different ways to make one… here’s one that is so easy to make, and looks so sweet too!
Materials (to make a bunny):
Goggly eyes or black marker
- Fold your paper in half diagonally to form two triangles. Cut on the fold.
- Face your triangle with the point at the top. Take the left corner, curl under and line up the straight edge to the top right straight edge, ensuring the two corners meet at the top. Tape in place.
- Cut off a small section of the right side of the triangle to use for ears.
- Roll the remaining paper around the cone and tape into place.
- Use the hole punch to make two holes, one on either side of the cone. Tie a piece of ribbon to each hole to form a handle.
- Cut out two long ears with your spare paper. Cut your pipe cleaner into six small pieces.
- Arrange the ears, eyes, nose and whiskers in place on the front of the cone to make the bunny. Enjoy your egg hunting! 🐇
- Alternatively, make a chick cone basket using a feather and an orange beak.
Finally, here are some gorgeous Easter books to check out these holidays!
Craft idea adapted from Glue Dots Blog.
Photography by Romi Sharp, BECS, Dip.Ed (Primary).
© My Little Story Corner 2016.